In June of 2013 I became a Selle SMP saddle dealer. I carry all types of SMP saddles and can order any saddle to have it in my shop in three to five days. Additionally, I keep stock of common choices and colors on hand in the shop.
To read my SMP Primer article, click here. This article explains why I think SMP makes the best product on the market right now.
To see a list of saddles available including color options and rail materials (tubular steel or carbon rails) click on this link:
I have demo saddles in every model which are free to any client who would like to try them. This allows a rider to try out a particular model before they purchase a seat. If you are not sure which SMP model might be right for you, email me and I am happy to discuss it, or make an appointment and come to see me in person.
SMP makes two base models which start with no padding and progressively add layers. One of the bases is narrower and one is wider. Most riders will find the wider base works for them, in my experience. The wider base models, listed from least padded to most are:
- Full Carbon Lite (carbon rails, carbon base)
- Carbon lite (steel rails, carbon base)
- Forma (leather cover only)
- Dynamic (light padding)
- Drakon (medium padding)
- Lite 209 (heavy padding)
The narrower line:
- Full Carbon (carbon rails, carbon base)
- Carbon (steel rails, carbon base)
- Composit (leather cover only)
- Evolution (light padding)
- Statos (medium padding)
- Glider (heavy padding)
Additional models (“orphans” which have different shapes than these two lines): Chrono (TT saddle), Pro, Avant, Plus
SMP Demo Deposit
As of fall 2014, MSRP prices for SMP saddles in the Pro line including:
Forma, Dynamic, Drakon, Lite 209, Composit, Evolution, Statos, Glider, Chrono, Pro, Avant and Plus:
- steel rails, black leather cover: $260
- steel rails, colored leather cover: $270
- steel rails, carbon base (Carbon Lite and Carbon models): $425
- carbon rails, carbon base (Full Carbon lite, Full Carbon models): $750
For additional details on product weights click here:
The more padded a saddle is, the heavier it is.
New for fall 2014 is the T line of triathlon saddles:
Prices are the same, based on model, as the Pro range listed above. I will have test saddles and some stock of these as they become available.