Could not load product information
SMP 4 TEST saddles:
The SMP 4 Test Saddle Program allows a rider to try out a particular model before they purchase a seat. If you are not sure which SMP model might be right for you, email me and I am happy to discuss it, or make an appointment and come to see me in person if you are local.
The time period for a client to test a SMP saddle is 1-2 weeks. The demand for test saddles is very high, so I ask that customers try to wrap up their riding in this time frame, but the idea is to use the test saddle as long as you need to in order to understand the concept and see if it works for you. Everyone is an individual, and one rider’s perfect saddle solution can be another’s nightmare. The ideal is to have the saddle disappear underneath you – even on your longest ride, you never think about it. Some riders don’t believe me when I explain that this is possible, but I have seen it over and over again with my customers who switch to SMP.
If you purchase a SMP test saddle, the cost is $20 + $16 for shipping [both ways]. The $20 deposit will be deducted towards your purchase price, if you decide to purchase a saddle.
If you do not elect to purchase a saddle, the $20 goes towards the cost of the fleet of test saddles (which is currently at about 20 in total, it is not a trivial expense for me as a fitter).
If you decide you would like to try another SMP test saddle, just contact me and we can swap out one test for another. Each additional saddle is $20 + shipping. You can order more than one test saddle at once, the shipping charge remains the same.
When you receive your test saddle or saddles, you will also receive instructions on how to install and adjust the saddle. You will also receive a pre-printed return shipping label, to send the saddle back to my shop.
SMP makes two base models which start with no padding and progressively add layers of padding. The two base shapes differ from each other in subtle but not trivial ways.
The “Forma” line:
- Full Carbon Lite (carbon rails, carbon base)
- Carbon lite (steel rails, carbon base)
- Forma (leather cover only)
- Dynamic (light padding)
- Drakon (medium padding)
- Lite 209 (heavy padding)
The “Composit” line:
- Full Carbon (carbon rails, carbon shell)
- Carbon (steel rails, carbon shell)
- Composit (leather cover only)
- Blaster (light padding, same shell as Composit)
- Vulkor (leather cover only, 6mm wider than the Composit but otherwise identical)
- Nymber (light padding, same shell as the Vulkor which is 6mm wider than the Composit)
- Evolution, Stratos and Glider: older models based on the Composit shell, but with more padding. These models are less suited to modern riders than the above listed models.
Additional models (“orphans” which have different shapes than these two lines): Chrono (TT saddle), Pro, Avant, and the Plus.