I coach riders of all ages and abilities in road, mountain, cyclocross and track riding and racing. Please email me to see if I have space available for coaching services at this time.
I use Training Peaks software to administer workouts to my riders, monitor their training load, compliance and feedback from training. Many of my clients have a power meter however I do not require riders to have one in order to be a client. I do prefer to work with heart rate as a metric, whether or not a rider is using power to train with.
In order for me to coach a rider effectively, the rider has certain responsibilities:
– read and understand the training I write for them
– ride responsibly relative to the workload (i.e. don’t force efforts which are not constructive, ride safely, be responsible and disciplined about recovery)
– upload training files in a timely manner
– provide feedback to training, either in Training Peaks in the post workout comments, or via email.
Any rider can benefit from good coaching, and the key to good coaching is seeing the rider as an individual and prescribing training based on the specific rider’s needs. Training is all about context and understanding and applying a rider’s individual context is the art of training an athlete.
There are three options for coaching on a space available basis:
–Face to Face Season Planning: A sit down meeting with a client, which usually lasts about 1-2 hours, in which we discuss training options, competition calendar, and workout specifics in relation to cycling goals for a long period of time (several months or a season). The client leaves with a clear, big picture idea of their training plans and how to implement specific workouts within that plan. Training includes specific daily recommendations for on the bike workouts, strength and conditioning, yoga/ stretching routines, cross training, and may include additional methods. Some follow up questions from the client are fine but there is no on-going client / coach relationship, this is designed as a one time training consultation. Fee: $100 for initial consultation + $150 per month of written training.
– Full Time, Daily Program Including Power Analysis: An on going relationship between client and coach in which detailed daily programs are written for the client, normally using Training Peaks software. Communication may include weekly phone conversations, daily emails, and may include face to face meetings and or training sessions from time to time. Flexible training means when life gets in the way or changes in schedule happen, training is re-written to accommodate.This option includes a yearly performance summary and analysis for the client. There is a substantial increase in time associated with analyzing power files, and this is reflected in the monthly fee. Fee: $400.00/ month.